I posted about this before. Here is a summary from another Tumblr of some of the reasons why I don’t like Paul.
- He doesn’t believe in the separation of church and state.
- He believes abortion should be illegal.
- He doesn’t support the repeal of DoMA and didn’t support the repeal of DADT.
- He doesn’t support putting more money into inner-city schools, but does support vouchers for religious schools.
- He believes creationism should be taught alongside evolution in public schools.
He doesn’t believe HIV causes AIDS.(ETA: Rand Paul, his son, belongs to a group that does not believe HIV causes AIDS. There’s no evidence to support that Ron Paul agrees or disagrees.)
- While he doesn’t support a federal ban on gay marriage, he also doesn’t support a federal law legalizing gay marriage. Some see this as a states’ rights issue, and this is how he frames it, but he does support other federal legalization movements (drugs, for example).
- His newsletter spouted horrible racist content for twenty years. He denies writing any of it, but if he allowed this content to go out under his name, he either approved it or was so ignorant of both the type of people he associates with and the type of content going under his name that he shouldn’t be trusted to run anything.
- He believes in reinstating the gold standard, which most economists believe was one of the major causes of several financial crises during the early part of the 20th Century, including the Great Depression.
- He believes in free market capitalism.
- He wants to get rid of Affirmative Action.
- He is a frequent guest on the Alex Jones radio show. Alex Jones is a government-hating conspiracy theorist. If you don’t know who Alex Jones is, then Google him.
- Any of these items should keep
a sane liberalANYONE from voting for Ron Paul.
His stance on drugs and wars win him a lot of liberal fans, but only if they don’t look at literally anything else he stands for.
Here’s a full list of his views, most of which are abhorrent.
Honestly, while I agree with his stance on a few things (none of the above, however), I don’t really see much to recommend him.
- disgruntled-and-catholic likes this
- heyits-kai likes this
- fire-l0rd-azula said:YES. Most of my friends are all “Ron Paul 2012” but they don’t see how conservative he is on other things. He most definitely will not be getting my vote.
- fire-l0rd-azula likes this
- meajoraswrath likes this
- ohhayitsmikaykay likes this
- drinkupitsgoodforyou likes this
- flotsamofalife likes this
- weaponsofabsolutelystupidshit likes this
- tricolorblackbird likes this
- sandy-fishnets likes this
- progressively-liberal likes this
- sirinterrobang likes this
- graviandisciple likes this
- hazeydaisy19 likes this
- therainbowtardis likes this
- jsohma likes this
- skeptikhaleesi likes this
- xpapergirl-burntheworldx likes this
- lifeonourplanet likes this
- batatonia likes this
- fuzzyfroot likes this
- mon-quixote likes this
- project-argus likes this
- wornpages likes this
- tripthelightfantastik likes this
- emmathompson0 likes this
- ikonisk likes this
- eymil likes this
- oaktreeandme likes this
- skepticalavenger posted this